A NEW CABIN, BUILT AN OLD WAY
Everyone needs a place to recharge his or her “batteries” that demands of daily life drain. That place can be by the ocean, in the mountains, on a lake or in the high desert. Most prefer such a place to be quiet – a place to find inspiration and energy to cope with the challenges ahead.
Timber-frame construction is not a new way to build things. It’s a mentality, an “old way” to do things better. It teaches people how others, who lived before the Industrial Revolution, constructed buildings in their “old school” way. We, at Homestead Timber Frames, educate clients on those “old” ways, offering structures in various stages of completion. We can provide plans, timbers cut to length, complete kits and a ready-to-go structure assembled on site.
So, decide where you want your “recharge” cabin to be. Then, call us for everything you need to build it. A new cabin, built an old way.
The 20-foot x 20-foot cabin was inspired by Graeme Jenvey and his Woodness Goodness channel on YouTube. Our craftsmen, with designer, Beni, converted Graeme’s stick-built cabin to timber-frame.
Standard with all Homestead Timber Frames comes the following:
- Custom designs
- Hyper realistic 3D animation
- Detailed construction drawings
- Youtube video assistance
- Tongue and Groove wood ceilings
- Premium structural timber (hand-picked heavy timber)
- Premium Insulation (Structurally Integrated Panels)
- Premium Roofing Options
- Premium siding options (steel,
- Premium wood clad windows and solid core doors
- Premium exterior decks – bald cypress
The “Beni” Cabin
Plans – $79 + shipping
- Post Placement or slab plan
- Construction Drawings
- Assembly video – Youtube
Cut to Length Timbers – $7,500
- Timbers that are cut to length and ready for you to cut mortise and tenon
- Oak Pegs
Cut Timbers – $12,500
- Timbers that are cut (mortise and tenon) and ready for assembly with oak pegs and wood hammer
- Oak Pegs
The Beni – complete craftsman cabin
- Under 250 square feet: Permit usually not required.
- Dimensions: 12 feet wide × 20 feet long by x feet high
- Frame: Douglas fir heavy timbers hand cut by heavy timber artisans
- Insulation: Structurally Insulated Panels (SIPs) that provide superior insulation. Integrated vapor and air barrier.
- Roof: Fire resistant steel
- Windows/Door: Wood clad windows. Solid core wood door.
- Price: Starting at $49,000
- Assembly (raising) – Call for pricing
- Outdoor Space: Exterior deck – rot resistant bald cypress
- Foundation – not included
Wood Timber Frame Hammer – $75
- Homestead Timber Frame wood hammer with logo
Oak Pegs – $22
- Bag of 25 premium oak pegs
Hat – $25
- Premium hat with HTF logo