We all work hard to be able to have nice things, things that we value. Upon acquiring these things, we tend to take good care of them so that they will last a long time. Vehicles are one of the most expensive things most of us own and wanting to protect them for as long as possible is important. This is where the timber frame carport comes in.
In the current building climate, costs are soaring and we look for ways to cut the cost of building a new home. Cutting out the garage may be one option and so adding a carport later is attractive to you. Maybe you have outgrown the garage your home has now and need an additional space to park the car? A timber frame carport is a great option not only because it adds the space you need but also because of the value it adds to your home.
FIGURING out the size
When wondering what size your timber frame carport needs to be you have to consider the vehicle(s) you are parking there. Here are a few helpful tips that will help you in your planning.
- Compact Cars (i.e. Honda Civic or Kia Forte) are about 14.5 to 15 feet long and 5.5 to 6 feet wide.
- An average midsized car is around 15.5 to 16 feet long and 6 to 6.5 feet wide.
- An average small sized SUV (ie. Ford Escape or Jeep Cherokee) are 14.5 to 15.25 feet long and 6 to 6.5 feet wide.
- An average large sized SUV (i.e. Chevrolet Suburban or Ford Expedition) are 15.5 to 17 feet long and 6.5 to 7 feet wide.
- A standard full sized pickup (i.e. Dodge 1500, Chevrolet Silverado or Ford 250) are 20 to 22 feet long and 5.5 to 6 feet wide.
A timber frame carport can also serve as a gathering place for family on long weekends. It could be a great place to host a birthday or anniversary party. It can even be a relaxing place to sit quietly and listen to the rainfall. The uses are endless and only governed by your imagination. Our team can help you design the perfect carport for all of your needs. It is helpful to have an idea of how you would like to use the carport when beginning the design. Would you park one or two or even three cars under it? Would you need extra space for a lawnmower or bicycles? Perhaps you want additional space for a seating area. No matter what you use it for, the timber frame carport will be a valuable addition to your home.
Now that you know what to think about when planning your carport, call us today and let’s get started on designing that perfect space for your home. That beautiful one of a kind timber frame carport. We know you will be glad you did. You can also visit Tennessee Pavilions for examples of pavilion styles that be transformed into that special carport for your home.